A corporate secretary is mainly required by state corporation laws for different businesses . Some of the important facts about the value corporate secretary have been discussed in this article.
Top skills required to be a corporate secretary
Below are some of the important skills as well as the expertise required to be a corporate secretary:
- The candidate must have the proper understanding of the company’s business
- The person must have working knowledge about the corporate as well as securities law
- They must have an excellent demonstration of presence as well as must-have the excellent communication skills
- The candidate must have sensitivity as well as intuition toward CEO as well as the directors thoughts and feelings
- The person must have the ability to read the signals and provide the needed early warnings to the management
- The candidate must be able to mediate as well as must assist in achieving consensus
- They must have the ability to overcome the bureaucratic thinking in the company
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, creative, and must be flexible.
- The person must have a sense of balance irrespective of the type of situation
- The candidate must have good analytical, problem-solving skills
- The candidate must have required management as well as organizational skills
- The candidate for corporate secretary must have IT familiarity
- The person must have discretion with the confidential information
- The candidate must have a through understanding of the legal system as this can affect business
Important responsibilities to know about the corporate secretary
Some of the important responsibilities of the corporate secretary include:
- The company secretary must be able to implement the decisions of the board of directors.
- They must act as advisers to the company directors.
- This personnel must be able to handle company share transactions which include issuing new shares, arranging the payments of dividends as well as observing all legal requirements
- The corporate secretary must liaise with auditors, tax advisers, lawyers, bankers as well as shareholders on board governance issues
- They must attend as well as must take minutes of directors’ as well as members’ meetings.
- They also make the process smooth for the orientation of new directors and must be able to assist in the director training as well as development;
- They are also required to maintain important corporate documents as well as different records.
These are some of the important facts to know about value corporate secretary.